Cti identifies, researches and resolves advanced manufacturing problems.
Castings Technology International (Cti) provides advanced casting expertise and manufacturing capabilities, including computer process modelling, design for casting manufacture, rapid low-volume manufacture of precision castings and casting process and materials research, for aerospace and other high-value manufacturing sectors.
Cti is dedicated to working with manufacturing businesses operating in the global supply chain, ranging from multi-national aerospace giants to local SMEs. We work with a world-wide membership of more than 300 companies operating in over 30 countries who pay an annual fee to access our services and expertise, and help determine our technology innovation program.
Cti employs around 60 highly qualified researchers, engineers and technicians, in a purpose-built centre on the Advanced Manufacturing Park in South Yorkshire.
With expertise in materials such as cast titanium, nickel based super alloys, aluminium, and a wide variety of steel grades such as Super Duplex, CA6NM, 17-4, for use in high duty, critical applications.
By exploiting continuous improvements in design, manufacturing and material technologies, we strive to establish long-term relationships with customers seeking to:
- Reduce end product and life cycle costs
- Enhance product performance
- Reduce environmental impact
In addition to its development and manufacturing activities Cti also provides a foundry, engineering and environmental consultancy service, delivering technological solutions to its partners’ problems. The consultancy team is supported by well-equipped UKAS accredited laboratory and testing facilities
We operate in accordance with established management systems for Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment. To view our company policy on these aspects, please click on the links below:
- AS9100 Rev C / EN 9100:2009, ISO 9001:2008 (Certificate No. FM 602663)
- ISO 14001:2004 (Certificate No. EMS 609123)
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017, UKAS (Permanent Laboratory and Site Laboratory No. 0144) – including accreditation to MCERTS Standard in accordance with European and International Standards.
- AC7114 and AC7114S for Non-Destructive Testing (Radiography) – In accordance with SAE Aerospace Standard AS 7003 awarded by National Aerospace and Defence Contractors Accreditation Programme (NADCAP)
- AC7102 and AC7102S for Heat Treatment – In accordance with SAE Aerospace Standard AS 7003 awarded by National Aerospace and Defence Contractors Accreditation Programme (NADCAP)
- AC7110 and AC7110/5S for Fusion Welding – In accordance with SAE Aerospace Standard AS7003 awarded by National Aerospace and Defence Contractors Accreditation Program (NADCAP)
- BAEAG/10922/MAA – Supplier Quality Approval in Accordance with BAE/AG/QC/SC1 Part 1 The Manufacture of Ferrous Castings and associated processes, including Non-Destructive Testing
- GEAS 3016 – GE Aviation Systems Limited – Hamble (GEAS) to Supply Precision Castings
- 104773 – Babcock Quality Level S1 – Manufacture and testing of ferrous and non-ferrous castings, including Non-Destructive Testing
- 221685 – Rolls-Royce plc, Rolls-Royce Deutschland Ltd & Co KG and Rolls-Royce Corporation, in accordance with SABRe requirements.
- Nadcap NonDestructive testing (View scope of accreditation)