Cti builds on 90 years of working with the casting supply chain.
Castings Technology International grew out of government’s desire to establish research and technology organizations to help UK industry. The British Cast Iron Research Association was formed in 1923, and the British Steel Casting Research Association was formed in 1953. These two membership organisations merged in 1996 and became Castings Technology International.
In 2006, Cti relocated the bulk of its facilities to the Advanced Manufacturing Park, after securing ERDF funding to construct and equip a 5,000 sq m workshop there.
In 2013 ownership of these facilities transferred to the University of Sheffield, and Cti now operates as part of the AMRC group, along with the AMRC with Boeing, the Nuclear AMRC, NAMTEC, the Knowledge Transfer Centre, and the AMRC Training Centre. Plans are afoot to expand the workshop by 1200 sq m to accommodate a larger titanium melting facilities.